A couple weeks ago, a donation bag came my way. About a gallon size, it was full of little balls of 4-ply cotton yarn. I parked it on top of the bin in the Crafts Room (aka the room where Oldest Son’s bed was while he lived at home) then later realized that whole bushel size tub was full of those same type of balls.
So, I brought it out into the better light of the living room, untangled, and spread out so much yarn. So. Much. Yarn. Did not think to take a picture of it. Imagine a bushel plastic tub dumped out, and not a label in the whole pile. Leftovers, all of it.
Anyway, I looked, allowing my eyes to glaze over just a bit,
then decided that I would not try to do up matching pairs.
Just find colors that might go together and start crocheting.
I went and got plastic newspaper sleeves, and “measured out” enough yarn by setting alike colors into a wooden bowl. If the bowl is full, should be enough yarn to crochet a single, silly, stripey potholder.
After filling 12 sleeves, I wanted to quit. My eyes were seeing color spots even while not looking at yarn.
So, I found a couple other smaller containers, and a couple bags, then sorted the rest of the pile into colors alike. Shades of Red. Blue. Ombre/varigated. Put the still 2/3 tub back on the shelf.
Crocheted 7 of the first bunch laid out
these were donated to the Meadows Home for Spring Crafts/Bake Sale
Have since crocheted 3 more, which means I will soon have to do some more matching and bagging to continue.
When Members of the Needlework Group saw them, I got 3 requests for lessons how to crochet and finish the potholders. Next Thursday will be very interesting.
Meanwhile, there are 4 Bookmarks to do for high school graduations, maybe others.
and a request for a baby blankie due in 2 months.
Never wonder why I am away from this blog. I keep busy.
~~love and Huggs, Diane