First Hat off the Fine Sett Gauge peg loom

My peg loom ordered from Decor Accents as a Valentine gift arrived (at LO-ONG last) just this past Monday. Definitely not in time for doing something for the Relief Sale, still, okay at the beginning of the week for Spring Break.

Husband says
I should do something “just for me” during time off
Go listen to some music, check out an art exhibit he says

Well, I did go to hear the speaker mentioned in the last post, and I did clear and carry out all the recycle items from all the corners of the kitchen… both events leaving me feeling much refreshed and less crowded.

No, I don’t want to go out, exactly.

What I want to do is make another hat on my new loom.

Didn’t the first one turn out adorable?

made of TLC Baby (3-ply) acrylic yarn color Giggles

I have no idea exactly how long it took to knit this
but I think the finished item is worth my fun

the doll was purchased for $1 at a yard sale awhile back
it is supposed to be the same size as an average newborn
the gown is from a different sale for a quarter

She was with me as the model for the new hat when I went to my Yarn Group. The window sill is at the Township Activity Center, so beyond the glass is not my responsibility for clean-up. There are maintenance employees who will take on the task.

I’ll put the hat in the bag going for babies at the hospital.

This entry was posted in Crochet. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to First Hat off the Fine Sett Gauge peg loom

1. SueB says:

Diane, how sweet!! You are one amazing lady! What a cute baby doll with your sweet hat……..Love it, Sue

2. Stephanie says:

That is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL hat.

I love the colors and it is so well made. That is obvious from the picture.

Great job.

Your husband has a point. I just saw a gorgeous exhibit of Japanese cloisonne done in the 40’s. It did what it was intended to do by the exhibitors….lift me up. It was memorable. Wish I could go again, but it’s in Baltimore, and that is quite an effort. It’s fun to stretch the boundaries a bit.

But I can understand the pull of that loom too. To feel like you accomplished something (and you actually did it!) is very very valuable.

Always appreciate your notes,
    love you a bunch,
    sis

Your model is a very sweet looking one. It certainly shows off your handiwork well. The hat is adorable with colors that suit either boy or girl. I’d say this was a Valentine present that will get lots of use and give you great satisfaction in the years to come.

A new hat for a baby, a new ‘toy’ for you – looks like a “win/win” situation to me! Love the colors, very nice!

Both the hat and the and the gown are CUTE! ~love, Evelyn

beautiful job as always diane…

7. dkzody says:

Great hat especially for its intended recipient. That’s a right charitable thing you do.