A New Week Begins

Monday is our wedding anniversary
married 30 years over at DOF’s place

We went out with friends to a place where the cooking is done right in front of the group. Fun to watch, and good eating.

I have to report for Jury Duty in the morning.
My number is in the middle of those selected.
I hope my crochet hook is not confiscated. I could get a good start on a baby blankie while sitting in the waiting room.

also have a book The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd

My mother is doing fine. She drove herself and a friend to church this morning. Not bad for an old broad who had 2 days in the hospital. Her chest pains were inconclusive, and she is allowed to put salt on everything.

Golly, it would be nice if I don’t find writing to be such a chore.

My life seems so ordinary to me, yet others want to see what I’m up to.

Anyway, ya all can wish me luck at the courthouse, and Congratulations for staying with the same guy all this time.

About MrsDOF

A gal with a kind heart. Married to a nice guy. Empty Nest. Part-time flexible job in the public school system. Loves to work with yarn.

This entry was posted in Partner. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to A New Week Begins

As it turns out, my hearing/listening/brain reject got the message on the phone Incorrect. Going to the website this morning, I could read the Juror numbers called for Monday. Mine is somewhat higher, meaning I don’t report now.
    so I do have to call back this evening

It’s the same problem I have with the SubFinder system, letting the phone call wake me up in the morning. I got so much better with where to go for jobs after taking the time to learn what to click on the computer.
    Today’s list says No Jobs Available. I’m home doing laundry. After the full weekend, I’m kinda glad for quiet in my own house.

Congrats on your wedding anniversary!! 30 years wow!!! Here’s to many, many more!!!!

You know that we second Caroline’ s wishes for the many more part!!!!

• MrsDoF says:

Oh, Momma Mary, the card came 🙂 really cute.
      Could not get Mahalia to play with the springy thing. She’s no longer a kitten.

Ya might say that my number has come up:
    I gotta report to the Law and Justice Center for Jury Duty on Wednesday

5. dkzody says:

Good luck with that crochet hook. I would guess they made you leave it behind. Last time I was on jury duty I had to return to the car with my bagel and my cameral. Both items BANNED. You can’t eat or take pictures of people doing that in the courtroom.

Was sent back to the car with my little key fob with a tiny blade on it, and a pair of kiddie blunt tip scissors. Also left my coin purse with my lucky angel in it. Did not want to chance it being taken away.
    I took along a specialty crochet hook with a silicone handle and very lightweight tip.
    The guard took the crochet hook from my hand, felt its weight, sent it through the scanner all by itself, then said I could take it with me. Yay!

I began the baby blankie while waiting for the rest of the folks to sign in. Got several comments on the pretty blue-pale green-yellow combination colors.
    I was hoping I would not come upon a knot in the skein of yarn. I had nothing sharp to cut with!
    The gal in charge of the waiting area said I was lucky, must have got a guy in a good mood. She told me I could not have it out while in the actual courtroom.

7. Cindy says:

Happy Belated Anniversary!

Glad to hear your mom is OK.