First Snow this season II

the Temperature lady on the phone says it is 30oF,
there’s almost 4” of snow on the ground, flakes are still falling.

Outside my window 30 November 2008

I have decided to forego church service due to inclement weather.

Plus, Husband’s car is getting the radiator worked on, so my car will be needed the minute Lucas calls for a ride.

Please ask for Blessings on Middle Son, traveling home from CA today.  He’s gotta be on a train to the airport, a plane over the mountains, a bus coming from Chicago, and my car to Urbana.

the brightest spot of color is neighbor’s flag

this picture is exactly as it came from the camera chip

This entry was posted in Family. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to First Snow this season II

All right I have got my 4″ and now you have yours. Do you want to race? I have to admit it sure is beautiful. My thoughts are with son traveling home. Let us know when he gets there.

2. Reenie says:

Those were beautiful photos Diane.
    I miss the first snowfalls of the season. Thanks.
    Irene

3. Pammie says:

You and Mary got your snow, ours is expected sometime between 4 p.m. today and 4 p.m. tomorrow-total expected: 4-8 inches! YUCK! It’s pretty, slowly drifting down but as an adult I find myself only seeing the “how many inches do I have to shovel?” factor…looks like I’ve finally given up the wonders of childhood and the ‘first snowfall’.

THANKS! Isn’t the SNOW lovely?
    IF you don’t need to go out in it! Evelyn

5. Brenda says:

Hi Diane,
    I hope that everyone gets home on time and safely. Snow in the Midwest is always wet and slippery. Our snow in Fairbanks is very dry. We can’t even make a snowman. The snow will not hold together. Loved the pictures.

We too are having the perfect winter day. It is snowing, the temperature is about 5 degrees, there is a slight breeze, there is a football game on the TV, we have no grandchildren today, I have a good detective story to listen to on the mp3 player and later I have a knitting project to work on.
    We are done with all things that had feathers so we will have a steak for dinner. I still have flowers on the table from Thanksgiving that are gorgeous. I wish I had a full week just like today. Love to all Brenda

love the look of fresh snow! It’s been raining a good part of the day here…I guess we have some snow on the way.

Lucas got home a little after 7pm.
    The guys are now in my car going to Urbana.

the weather report says the roads are clear, but the wind is picking up

I’m not gonna breathe right until everybody is in their own beds, and that includes all the cats!

8. dkzody says:

Looks like a perfect day to bake a pie! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a note. As for pie crust, I use frozen ones from Whole Foods or Mrs. Smith. I’m a terrible pie crust maker so these make it much easier. Just keep one in the freezer at all times and you’re ready for that snowy day baking.

9. TooMuchToSay says:

On this day you were awarded the “I Love Your Blog” Award.

Please see my post about it.

I really do love reading your blog!!