One of my I-wannas

In April 2002, I was in Row 4 at Braden Auditorium on the ISU campus for a concert by Donny Osmond.  The ticket had been a Christmas present from my long-suffering spouse, who knows well of my crush on he-who-wears-purple-socks.
It was well worth the money and the weeks of anticipation; the guy knows how to run a show, and has a wonderful personality for being on stage.

I already own several albums aka CDs of the man from Utah, and this morning I learned there’s a new one out!! featuring songs I remember from my teen years younger times.

There’s a nice little video on that AMAZON site, which sent my heart all aflutter.  Donny Osmond walking along a path beside the river takes my breath away.

It looks like I have reason to be setting aside a few bucks and save up for a new gift to myself.  The way my schedule is filling, I might maybe have time to really listen sometime this summer!

This entry was posted in Reviews. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to One of my I-wannas

1. Shimfee says:

it’s on its way……..thought i’d better tell you so you don’t buy it.
    ~~me

A separate Thank You was already sent in an e-mail.

I am all weepy at the moment. Receiving ain’t easy for me.

3. Susie says:

Go away little girl . . .
    Not really; that’s just what came to mind 😉

Until the 12th of never . . .

OK, the very first cassette player I owned, I had two tapes — Donny and John Lennon. I remain musically eclectic.

Wow Wish and you will receive. Shimfee beat me to it but my time will come.

5. Junie says:

🙂 It’s good to know OTHER ladies have crushes on singers, too!

Oh, Donny was a cutie for sure! I would love to see him in a concert!

Junie

Well, Junie, I have to look at the word WAS being used.
    I think he IS very good looking, even today.
    Not to mention that he became a grandpa when he was 47 years old.

I’ve seen several concerts of my favorites. Dan Fogelberg, James Taylor, Kathy Mattea, Alison Krauss.

Just Lucky, I guess.

7. Junie says:

🙂 I thought about that word WAS- started to change it…but – truth is- I haven’t seen Donny in a long time to know for sure if he’s still goodlooking! 🙂 But I bet he is! I loved to watch Donny and Marie! They were both cute and talented!

I have seen just a few concerts in my time…but I DID see Dan Fogelberg almost a dozen times! (sigh) Saw Jackson Browne, Gordon Lightfoot, John Denver and just recently saw THE WHO!
    (And they were great!) OH! And Sarah McLachlan- 2 times!
    Have seen several country performers too!

Junie