Just Stopping By

The week has moved along so fast
that I almost forgot all about YOU!

Worked TA Sub jobs for two full days plus one afternoon (didja ever notice that the need to be somewhere 11am to 3pm seems to take more than 4 hours out of a day?) meetings and/or rehearsal at church for 3 evenings in a row, arrangements for looking after the house and cats and yard while we are out of town next week (first time in ages that all of us are going somewhere at the same time)

BUT, my hands and yarns have been busy.  I finished the pastels stripes baby blankie, and began a new one in 4-ply with a 6.0mm hook.  It feels so big, and seems to be going much quicker than the sofftee yarn.
I crocheted a nice tan bookmark for a sympathy card.

With my peg looms, knitted a woman’s hat in Earthy Ombre (autumn colors), a baby hat in pastels, and this one, the only thing I have a picture of.

It is actually by request of a friend from the Yarn Group, she knitted her own mittens to match.

An honor to do it, but even though I followed the pattern, I probably should have knitted one more row before drawing it closed.
I have a smallish head and fine hair, so when she put it on, a bit more of her earlobes showed.
Husband says to stop dwelling on it.  If one hat doesn’t do the job, knit or buy a different one.

The holiday weekend is looking quite full also, and then I’m booked as TA Sub at West High School full days Tuesday and Wednesday, there’s a luncheon at the Activity Center on Thursday, then we are outta town o’dark early on Friday.

I was just as much or more busy when I was raising a family, but it seems like my ability to organize is leaving my brain.  Husband says I allow too much clutter to rattle around in there.

Ah well, know that you are a delightful oasis :kiss:

This entry was posted in Personal. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Just Stopping By

Busy days, busy fingers…yep, that’s Diane! Hope you remember to stop and ENJOY your time away; also hope the weather is nice for you.
    Hugs;
    Pammie

Missed you! But Busy is as good an explanation as any.
    A Real Christmassy looking hat! Hope your friend enjoys it!
    Evelyn

One look at that hat and I could feel snow on my cheeks and hear jingle bells merrily ringing inside my head. A lovely project!

4. Judy says:

I tried to knit, but unfortunately, being left handed is a problem, everything seems backwards. I agree with momma, it makes me think of winter and snow. How many cats do you have? I like cats as well! Judy Harper@Gmail.com http://www.sixtyisjustthebeginning.blogspot.com

5. Diane says:

Judy, I’m left-handed also. I have had knitting lessons using each straight and circulars, but only managed to finish one dishcloth.
    Much prefer using a crochet HOOK, which I also work as a leftie. Folks tell me it looks odd to watch the hook flying.

The hats I knit are done on a peg loom, but the completed item can barely tell the stitch difference.

E-mail me if you want more info about ‘Net sites which aid and abet yarn lovers 🙂

6. Diane says:

Oh yeah, we have 2 cats, a brother and sister from the same litter. We got ’em from a yard sale when youngest son Chris was 10. They grew up with teenagers and all their pals in the house, so they are quite friendly.

They just had their teeth cleaned and 14 year check-up over the summer.
    Mahalia (aka Hally) is having thyroid problems, I need to give her half a pill every morning.
    Oscar got an infected wound in his right hip when he was 8, and so walks with a slight limp and arthritis these days.

Neighbor lady gonna look after ’em while we go to another state for a wedding.