An Extra Special Gift

A grand surprise came my way on Sunday.

You already know about how Husband bought crochet hooks from overseas for me

My friend Lois, seamstress extraordinaire, put together a wonderful crochet hook carrying case.

She listened when I said I did not want a zipper or velcro, since they tend to make noise while I am in meetings.

She made sure there is a cover across the top so that the metal does not rub against the other.

There is detailed hand-quilting around the pattern of the fabric, and strong machine stitches holding each little sleeve in place.

An heirloom (click to see it in all its glory), which I will treasure all my days.

Thank You!

This entry was posted in Crochet. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to An Extra Special Gift

Lucky you! It is a most wonderful gift. I know how much you will treasure it.

What a blessing! Not only did she do an excellent job of constructing it, but also made it ‘custom-sized’ for your cushioned handles! Very nice! And extra pockets on the sides, to boot! I KNOW you will love this gift and use it to it’s fullest; please tell your friend she’s very thoughtful and creative!
    Hugs;
    Pammie

3. Denise says:

That gift was perfect for you!!! Glad that you love it and that you have such a good friend!

What a lovely, thoughtful gift to receive. Not only will it suit your purpose fully but it is sure to bring comments on the quality of it when you use it.
    Lois is indeed an excellent seamstress and a lovely friend.

5. Surekha says:

Awesome Diane! That’s a great gift from Lois.
    Its perfect for your needs. I had a chance to look at it closely, it was a pretty neat one, Lois took care of the fine details in making it!!

Thank You! my hook purse is very much admired and beloved!

Diane