Green Blankie and Peach Potholder

The evening before I left for the Ohio Valley, I went through my hobby closet to find something to take with me to crochet while I was visiting with the relatives.
I had no plans to do much partying, the last couple weeks of my job at the school had been very energy draining, plus there was the long drive through bean fields of 3 states.

I found a few balls of size 10 crochet cotton, purchased long ago from a Clearance bin, waiting for this occasion.

Into my carry-all bag went four new balls of shaded greens, one myrtle green, and one partial hunter green.  I had recently purchased a forest green to make a bookmark, so I tossed it in just for variety.  After I got started, I decided a few stripes of white would brighten it up, so I bought a ball at the Wally World in St. C.

Aunt Lydia’s size 10 bedspread cotton using a size 0 hook

crocheted using a double crochet stitch, grabbing only the front loop of the stitch below
I didn’t count, I just kept working the foundation chain until it looked long enough

the finished measurements are 36” x 34”

this makes a nice lightweight blankie for summertime
I have done several using this method, and parents approve

Over the weekend, I decided to figure a new (to me) crochet pattern
being left-handed and trying to make a circle following directions about rounding and turns is quite challenging

Can you tell it is supposed to be a pig?

This entry was posted in Crochet. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Green Blankie and Peach Potholder

What a Special Green Blankie! Beautiful!
    And Of Course It’s a Pig! Fun!
    Evelyn

2. The blankie is beautiful. I love all the shades of green. Actually, the blankie has all the colors of our local high school. I have always liked their green, white, and a touch of black.

Pig is too cute. I would definitely name it Paddy. It has a particularly Irish expression!

Jay says the blanket is really sharp and we both like the pig. Nice work my friend you do some amazing things with a hook and thread.

4. Pammie says:

LOVE THE BLANKET! I really like the use of the various greens AND the white to off-set them-VERY NICE; makes a very striking afghan! (Piggie…interesting choice there; after reading your previous blog I fully understand your choice of project-object.)
    Hugs;
    Pam

5. Andi says:

Blanket is lovely, but no one’s asked yet about the marsupials, so i’m asking!

The pig couldn’t be cuter.

Thank You, kind Folks!

The greens and white blankie is going to a cousin’s first grand-baby. It seems appropriate that I began the crochet while sitting on my mom’s couch, so the blankie will stay in the family.

The pig potholder is earmarked for a friend’s birthday.
    I’m still thinking if it is truly her style or not.
    Although she is a great cook.

Pouch, the kangaroo beanie critter was a gift awhile back from one of my sons for a Mother’s Day.
    I dropped her onto the blankie to give some perspective about the size.

She doesn’t really have much to do with the crochet work.
    She was just happy to get down off the shelf above my computer monitor. She’s still telling all her buddys about her modeling gig.

love the colors on the blanket…they really stand out.
    The pig is really cute. Nice job.