Another Birthday for Me

Saturday evening was most lovely, weatherwise,

corn is kneehigh by the 4th of July

so Husband and I decided to go out riding our bicycles
on the Constitution Trail.

Yesterday was my birthday,

and I can tell ya from experience, it is really nice to have a birthday on a Sunday when I am doing my gig in the church kitchen.
I got so many Good Wishes, and bunches of Huggs.

Plus my brother called in the evening and we talked for half an hour, only a week after we had some family togetherness.
I had almost finished a heaping helping of strawberries with poundcake, my favorite dessert.  I just love that the berries are getting ripe in time for my celebration.  It’s been this way for all my life.

Click on the picture there to see most of my booty.
There’s a crystal bowl from my sister Denise.  She gave it to me a week early, while I was in Ohio, saved on shipping and insurance by doing so.  A gift certificate to Amazon from friends Mary and Jay, a gift card to Kroger from youngest sister Danna and husband Joe, a scrubbie from Aldine.  A couple cards from sisters Denise and Darla were not available while I had the camera out (they might be in my crochet bag?).
The one with the balloon came from our dentist 😉

I guess the best gift at age 51 is still being able to get on a bicycle and ride 6 miles.

Granted, it is level ground on a paved trail, but I know a guy just a few months older than me who has had joint replacements on both knees already.

Speaking of health and well-being, I’d better move the old bodd out of this chair and carry some laundry out to the clothesline.
Another sunny day should have them dry in no time.

This entry was posted in Personal. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Another Birthday for Me

1. Happy Birthday and may you still be riding that bike ten years from now.
    Maria

WooHoo! You GO girl! Happy 51 and many more to come! (and here I thought you and I were closer in age!…I’ll be 59 very soon). You look very spry on your bike…enjoy!
    Happy Belated Birthday!
    Pam

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FELLOW GEMINI! I celebrated my 37th birthday last Friday. 6 miles on a bike is amazing. Great job!

Thank You, Folks! I have had a nice couple days, with several extra Birthday Greetings!

Yes, Maria, I do hope to have that bicycle another 10 years. I love its size and frame, and Husband keeps it in good repair. There’s a new seat replacement coming soon.

Pam, I was born in 1956, so yep, this year I’m 51. It’s not the age, it’s the mileage.

Caroline, a fellow Gemini! I’m learning there’s a bunch of us around.
    I like going to the Chinese restaurant and reading the placemat. I have to do this every time, but I can’t remember if I’m in the Year of the Rat or Monkey or whatever. This is what makes it fun.
    Happy Birthday, backatcha!
    Blogger and I have been having issues lately, so I haven’t commented much.

5. PJ says:

:coolsmile: Happy Birthday!
    The bowl is beautiful!

Ah, yes, the bowl is lovely.
    Potluck dinners may never be the same again.
    My sister was glad to mention that it is made in Poland, real fancy glassmakers.
    I’m pretty sure she got it at HALLMARK, since she is a Gold Member there and most gifts she buys earn points.

Oh, and our ride on the Trail was 3 miles up and 3 back, which adds up to 6 miles.
    This morning, I found a new arm of the Trail going past the golf course. I pedalled 2 miles each way to HCC. It’s going to be a nice summer.

7. Junie says:

Sounds like you had a very nice birthday!

I need to do some bike riding- or walking- instead of spending so much time in front of this computer!!!

Junie

8. army of mom says:

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

9. Cindy says:

Happy, Happy (Belated) Birthday!

10. Cindy says:

Happy Birthday!!! (sorry it’s a late wish, but it’s not any less expressed!)

I hope you have a terrific 51st year!

11. Doris says:

Happy Belated Birthday toooooo 🙂

Good on you for the cycling. The photos are lovely and that bowl from your sister is so gorgeous.

I am back from my blogging hiatus and thought I’d pop in and see a few old bloggers 😉 That baby blanket above was beautiful and I studied the pattern carefully, as if I could understand it… it is lovely.