Stuff Portrait Day

This is Stuff Portrait Day, as a request at Kristine’s Place

First up: is my relaxing place.
My house is shelter from the stuff of the world but full of its own too much stuff.  We really need to have a Rummage Sale.

The side of a love seat.  Usually there is a cat curled up on the other half.  Note the pile of crochet thread off to the side.  The lamp has a 75 watt bulb in it, which makes for viewing the TV a bit difficult at times.

The medicine cabinet.  You are not going to get a picture of the thing in the bathroom.  It might break the camera.
This is a little shelf in front of the kitchen sink, which holds the vitamins and a couple other bottles.  Our house is no longer child-proof.

Note this is youngest son.  No longer a child.
Last birthday even puts him past being a teenager.

Souvenir from a trip.
These two came to me when I went back to the Ohio Valley for my 30th high school reunion.  My youngest sister’s husband won them in one of those 50c machines that has the grabber claw.  He gave them to me, said he could win others.
I buckled them in on the passenger’s seat.
On the way back to Illinois, there were storms and tornadoes.  The Indy 500 race was closed early.  I got turned around at an interstate ramp and ended up 25 miles from where I should have been. I waited in a gas station in Indianapolis for two hours for the weather to clear.
I asked Shrek to call upon the green ogres of the swamp gods to protect us.

Here’s hopin’ you have enjoyed my little corner of town.

This entry was posted in Family. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Stuff Portrait Day

1. lawbrat says:

Awww, love the Shrek story. When I first saw the photo of your son, I though HE was the souvenir from a trip. 🙂
    He’s very hansome. You are great at posting pictures.

Oh, my, I’m gonna turn red, but now that you mention it, there could be confusion about picture captions.

Actually, the last baby came along after I was reading a historical romance novel about the Civil War, ASHES IN THE WIND by Kathleen Woodiwiss.

Any more details have been censored by the male members of my household.

3. Susie says:

Your home and your comfy chair look very inviting. Now, a question of etiquette: would it be inappropriate for a happily married, middle-aged, harmless blogger to say, “Hot son!”?

4. :exclaim: A TEENAGER!! No…OLDER than a teenager.

DAMN girl. I had NO idea.

He breakin’ hearts yet?

5. Andrea says:

Susie took the words right out of my mouth re: teenage son 🙂

And was I surprised to read about the Indianapolis Memorial Day storm of 2004; how well I remember that. I wasn’t at the Indy 500, but I live about a half hour south of Indy, and that was a HECK of a day. Later that night there was news footage of a nursing home with the roof off, and the camera in the helicopter zoomed in to show this guy STILL IN BED with debris all around him. (He was OK.)

The one thing I hate about living in Indiana: tornadoes. I will always live in a house with a basement!

Young Son says Thank you one and all for the compliments.
    Living in Illinois is tornado country, too.

Last July, here in our county, an entire factory was blown apart and spread all over the surrounding fields, along with several nearby houses.
    What you said about the basement and shelter is very true. All the factory workers went into shelters planned and built for just that purpose, and all 150 people walked out. It was re-built even stronger, and re-opened a couple weeks ago.

very cute son! At least you have hobbies, all i ever do is clean..lol

8. Tee says:

OMG. I feel wrong saying this but… YOUR SON IS HOT!!! … Wow. ROFL. And I don’t usually like Caucasian men. (My husband is Latino.)

Ok, now I totally feel like Mrs. Robinson.

You’re house looks like it’s in a nice, relaxing, natural area.

Ok… have to go wipe the drool off my chin. LOL 😉